Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Week 12 - Get out the Red Pen! Vegas vs the Mad Capper

Red Ink Everywhere! This means I'm smarter than the gambling world, or completely dilusional. I do find it interesting that Vegas upped the NE spread like I suggested, I won't be betting on a 22.5 spread, i wonder what the gambling world will do. Here's the breakdown:

VEGAS ................THE MAD CAPPER............... DIFF.
GB (-3) at DET....... SD (-11)..................... 8.0
NYJ (+14) at DAL..... DAL (-11).................... 3.0
IND (-12) at ATL..... IND (-8)..................... 4.0
TEN (-1) at CIN ..... TEN (-5)..................... 4.0
BUF (+7.5) at JAX.... JAX (-4)..................... 3.5
OAK (+5.5)at KC ..... KC (-3)...................... 2.5
HOU (+3.5)at CLE .... CLE (-2)..................... 1.5
SEA (-3) at STL...... SEA (-5)..................... 2.0
MIN (+7.5) at NYG.... NYG (-8)..................... 0.5
NO (-3) at CAR....... NO (-7)...................... 4.0
WAS (+3) at TB....... TB (-1) ..................... 2.0
SF (+10) at ARI...... ARI (-9)..................... 1.0
DEN (+2)at CHI....... DEN (-4)..................... 6.0
BAL (+9) at SD....... SD (-3)...................... 6.0
PHI (+22.5) at NE.... NE (-39)..................... 16.5
MIA (+16) at PIT..... PIT (-10).................... 6

The Thanksgiving Holidays create some urgency this week. My #1 prelim pick was GB over DET, figuring DET would be given too much credit, and I was dead on. It's GB-3 and I need to get my picks involving the Packers in today. So here's how my week is currently looking:

6-point Teaser: [GB+3 -- JAX -1.5 -- ARI -4 -- KC +0.5]

3-team parlay: [DEN +2 -- KC +5.5 -- TEN -1]

Straight Up:
TEN -1
DEN +2

Strangely enough, the more I looked at the games, the more nervous I became about the GB-DET game. DET plays much stronger at home, and is capable of a big game. It's also a holiday weekend, the home crowd will be fired up, and seriously... doesn't GB have to slip up once? If they are going to slip, this is a candidate. Plus, the box disagrees with me, so I just used them in the Teaser.

Happy Capsgiving!

No comments: