Thursday, November 1, 2007

Week 9 - Mad Capper's Rebuttal to The Box

Jeebus.

yeah that's right, JEEBUS!

First of all, i'd like to thank my partner in crime, Matty "and the Box" for editing all my post titles... i'll give you this, you are a funny bastard, Matty.

However, I hate weeks like this one, where we disagree so completely. Sure it leads to great debate, and one of us looking like an asshole, come Tuesday morning, but it doesn't help me with my picks.

Let me make a few comments on "The Box"....

1. CLE -1 vs sea..... ok i'll give you this one. I am scared of this game, since seattle is a MPS (multiple personality syndrome) team, and CLE is on the rise. I won't be including this game in any of my parlays, but if you wanna bet it, go right ahead.

2. MIN +7 v. SD..... I dare you to defend the box here. I've already stated my opinion on this game, SD wins by two scores here. You bet this game, you have bigger balls (and a smaller wallet) than i do.

3. Your next several bets are all on risky, risky-ass games. TB vs ARI, ATL vs SF, DEN vs. DET, & HOU vs OAK... I won't go near these games. They are too close to call, and your "statistics".... well let's just say that although I have learned my lesson in weeks 1-8 (trust "The Box"), I think you are not betting the easier games this week.

4. GB +2 vs KC... Thank God we agree on one. This will have to be included in most of my parlays.

5. PHI (+3) vs dal....... I am almost speachless here. ALMOST. Dallas is going to cream philly. CREAM (note that capital letters imply my authority). I can't believe the spread is only 3 points, it's like taking candy from... oh screw it... you're dumb.

6. NYJ (+3.5) vs WAS..... this is my #1 pick, the opposite direction. You seriously trust the box here? WAS just got embarrassed by NE, and NYJ are starting their backup because Pennington sucked it up too much. L. Coles may not play due to last week's cuncusssion (woe to my fantasy team), and by the way, they are 1-7.

I am very curious to see what your final bets are, since we disagree so much. Having looked at the games, I am leaning towards a combination of 3-team parlay, 4-team teaser, and 4 team moneyline parlay. I am backing off my 9-team parlay system this week, and will probably make only 4 bets of different types. But then, that's why I'm the Mad Capper.

-TMC-

PS. Here's our comments, for reference:

Matty and the Box:

1. CLE -1 v. SEA @Home
2. MIN +7 v. SD @Home
3. TB -3.5 v. ARI@Home
4. ATL -3 v. SF @Home
5. DEN +3 v. DET Away
6. HOU +2 v. OAK Away
7. GB +2 v. KC Away
8. JAC +3.5 v. NO Away
9. PHI +3 v. DAL@Home
10. TEN -4 v. CAR @Home
11. NYJ +3.5 v. WAS @Home
12. BUF +1 v. CIN @Home
13. BAL +9 v. PIT Away
14. IND +5.5 v. NE @Home

Things to note: IND v. NE, the most hyped game of the last 10 years, is DEAD LAST in my averager (when averaging conviction, win percentage, and risk). Which is funny, since I thought it would be one of the TOP picks. Basically, the Box is saying this game will be SO CLOSE, that it's not even worth the risk of betting it.

That leaves me with a wacky top 5 of mediocre teams. The Box seems to love MIN, it picks them every week, and it loses every week. It also loves TB, and wins every week on TB. Or at least that's how it feels.

The Box has spoken. Kneel before it.

Week 9 - Vegas Spreads vs Capper Spreads, Cage Match

so Vegas and I agreed on quite a few of the games: I've listed their lines below, with my predictions tabbed to the right:

VEGAS .....................................THE MAD CAPPER...............DIFF.
was (-3.5)at NYJ............. was (-8)............. 4.5
gb (+1.5) at KC
.............. gb (-4).............. 5.5
ari (+3.5) at TB............. ari (+2)............. 1.5
car (+4) at TN............... car (+4)............. 0
sf (+2) at ATL............... sf (+3).............. 1.0
jax (+3) at NO............... jax (+4)............. 1.0
den (+3) at DET.............. den (+2)............. 1.0
cin (-1)at BUF
............... cin (-5)............. 4.0
sd (-7) at MIN
............... sd (-10)............. 3.0
sea (+1) at CLE
.............. sea (-5)............. 6.0
ne (-5.5) at IND............. ------- ............. ---
hou (+3) at OAK.............. hou (+2)............. 1.0
dal (-3) at PHI.............. dal
(-7)............. 4.0
bal (+9) at PIT.............. bal (+9)............. 0

No comments: